Bihar Rajya Fasal Sahayata Yojana
The scheme strives to back the farmers with financial incentives in the event of a crop loss due to natural calamities.
Benefits to the Citizens
- Farmers are reprieved from remitting any premium, as the scheme is intended for assistance and not insurance
- If the farmers’ rate of production is less than 20% of the threshold limit, he or she will receive a sum of Rs 7,500 per hectare for a maximum of two hectares
- If a farmers’ loss in production exceeds 20%, he/she will be incentivized with a Sum of Rs. 10,000 per hectare for a maximum of two hectares
- The scheme does not restrict the farmers who have availed loans from nationalized banks, Cooperative banks and other institutions; as it covers the borrowers from other agencies are also
- The beneficiary applying should be a permanent resident of the state of Bihar.
- Under this scheme, only those farmers whose applications have been damaged due to natural calamities, weather, may apply.
- For ryot cultivator
- Land ownership certificate
- Self-declaration certificate
- For non-agricultural farmers
- Self declaration certificate
How to Apply
The exact procedure for application is yet to be revealed as the scheme will be implemented in due course of time. However, the Government provides a mandate that the scheme will extend to the eligible farmers only on prior registration. The registration should be completed for the farmers, as well as the crops for which the benefits may be claimed.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.