Bihar Victim Compensation Scheme
Compensation in the event of rape and acid attack on women
Benefits to the Citizens
- 7 lac rupees as compensation.
- The compensation amount can be increased by 50 per cent over and above Rs 7 lakh if the victim is below the age of 14 years.
- If Acid Attack Victims have lost 80% or more eyesight or 80% or more of their face is disfigured, then there is a provision of providing Rs. 10,000 per month as compensation. This could be for the entire life or for the duration as considered appropriate by the District Crime Compensation Board.
All rape and acid attack victims
How to apply
A victim shall be eligible for the grant of compensation where:-
- a recommendation is made by the Court under sub sections(2) and (3) of section 357-A of the Act or the offender is not traced or identified, and where no trial takes place, such victim may also apply for grant of compensation under subsection( 4) of section 357-A of the Act;
- the victim/claimant report the crime to the officer incharge of the police station or any Judicial Magistrate of the area within 48 hours of the occurrence.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Local police station. The compensation disbursal lies with the District level authorities
Source : Bihar Victim Compensation Scheme
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.