Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme provides subsidy against the crops affected due to drought or flood
Benefits to the Citizens
The subsidy amount will be provided to the farmers affected by the damage of crop during Kharif season or due to low rainfall fallow land will be made at the rate of Rs.6800 per hectare.
- For unirrigated crops, Rs.6800 per hectare will be paid.
- For irrigated crops, Rs.13500 per hectare will be paid.
- For perennial crops, Rs.18000 per hectare will be paid.
The below following criteria have to be satisfied by the applicant:
- All categories of farmers who have their own land in the State of Bihar can apply for the scheme.
- The farmer applicant should not have availed similar benefit previously.
How to Apply
- Visit the official DBT agriculture portal of Bihar.
- Click on “Apply Online” button which is displayed on the homepage of the portal.
- Select the “Agricultural Input Grant (Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme)” from the dropdown list of various option.
- On selecting Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme option, applicants will be navigated to a new page as given below. On this page, the applicant has to enter their registration number in the box provided and have to click on the “search” button. Before proceeding further, the applicant has to read all the important instructions given on the same page.
- Now, the application form will appear, the applicant has to fill the form with various details such as name, age, address, aadhaar number, panchayat, category of the farmer, Date of Birth, Father name, etc.
- Then the farmers are required to fill details of their land (should be maximum of 2 hectares), farmer type and reason for the damage of crop.
- Now, the farmers will have to fill the remaining details such as the description of cultivable land in the space provided and then the applicant will have to fill the declaration part and click on “OTP” button.
- After clicking the “OTP” button, a unique code will be received on the registered mobile number of the farmer, and they have to verify the same.
- Now, the farmers will have to select the self-declaration form and check whether he or she has uploaded all the necessary documents.
- Once the farmer has entered all necessary details, they can submit the application by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- After submission, application number or reference number will be sent as SMS to the registered mobile number of the applicants for future references.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Department of Agriculture, Govt. of Bihar
Link to Online application /application form, if
Krishi Input Subsidy Scheme
All eligible beneficiaries should possess the following documents.
- Aadhaar card
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Voter’s ID
- Bank Account
The applicant can submit their applications online at free of cost. However, in case of applying through Common Service Center (CSC) or a Vasudha Kendra, they are required to remit a fee of Rs.10 as application fee.
On successful submission of the applications by the applicant, all these applications will be forwarded to Agriculture Coordinator. The Agriculture Coordinator is supposed to verify the details within 20 days and will either accept the application or reject the application with reason. The application approved will be forwarded to the concerned Agriculture officer. The concerned officer will take a photograph of the farmer with the affected land and will upload it after verification.