The National Safety Day is being spearheaded by the National Safety Council of India since 1971 to mark its Foundation Day (4th March). The campaign has significantly contributed in spreading safety awareness in all sectors. The campaign is comprehensive, general and flexible with an appeal to the participating organisations to develop specific activities as per their safety requirements.
- To take Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) movement to different parts of the country.
- To achieve participation of major players in different industrial sectors at different levels.
- To promote use of participative approach by employers by involving their employees in SHE activities.
- To promote development of need-based activities, self-compliance with statutory requirements and professional SHE management systems at work places.
- To bring into the fold of voluntary SHE movement sectors, which have not so far been statutorily covered.
- To remind employers, employees and others concerned of their responsibility in making the workplace safer.
In summary, the above objectives are part of an overall goal of creating and strengthening SHE culture in workplace and integrating the same with the work culture.
Theme for 2022
The theme for 2022 is Nurture Young Minds. Develop Safety Culture.
Activities take up
- Public Functions, Seminars, discussions and debates, issuing appeals/messages.
- Doordarshan’s National Network and regional kendras, All India Radio stations and the national/regional press providing coverage to the important functions/ activities
- Administration of Safety Pledge by the employees. The model text of the Safety Pledge designed, developed and distributed by the NSC.
- Safety competitions – Essay, Slogans, Posters, Housekeeping, Safety Performance, etc.
- One-act play/drama, songs, quawalis.
- Screening of safety films in units/employee colonies.
- Practical demonstrations on PPE/Fire Fighting, etc.
- Organising emergency drills.
- Display of Mobile Exhibition.
- Holding award functions.
- Invite eminent guest speakers.
- Community Awareness Programmes.
NSCI Safety Awards
The National Safety Council of India has instituted the National Safety Awards that are distributed every year.
To view the NSCI Safety Awards 2021, click here.
Source : National Safety Council of India
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.