The Apparel Made-Ups & Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMH SSC) was incorporated on 24th December 2013, as a company i.e. licensed under Section 25 of the Companies act 1956 with the object to develop a skills repository for the apparel, made-ups and home furnishings value chain.
About AMH SSC
The Apparel Made-Ups & Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMH SSC) has been launched with a primary mandate of enhancing and to build a capacity in skill development. AMH SSC has been authorized by NSDC for evolving assessing proficiencies of skills of trainees for the apparel sector, made-ups and home furnishing for their respective subject areas. AMH SSC has a well-defined organizational structure comprising industry members from knitwear, apparel, hosiery, fashion design, made-ups / home furnishing, association, academia, domestic apparel industry, NSDC besides representative from MoT.
The objective of the assessment and certification under Sector Skill Council (SSC) is the certification of competency. The main objectives of assessment of testing and certification are as follows:
- Effective assessment testing and credible certification of formally /informally acquired skills of targeted persons in the 12th Five Year Plan.
- Setting uniformity in the assessment of testing and certification process in the clothing, made-ups and home furnishing sector for enhancing identical delivery of skill sets.
- Certification being recognized by national and international Governments, private industries and trade organizations.
- Publicize rating and outcome information on assessment of trainees and institutions.
- To build an organization that can develop standards, evaluation criterion and accreditation systems for providing multiple and varied technical skills in the textile sector including employability skills to both men and women, as well as challenged persons with regular and direct inputs from industry.
- Create opportunities for “Training of Trainers ”in both the content and pedagogy for imparting skill training for all workers engaged in the three chosen segments of the textile sector, quality assurance-develop and promote a standardized, output oriented and quality assured affiliation and accreditation process and demonstrate sustainable business value through it.
- Focus on continuous improvisation of the training delivery value chain, i.e. training process, training content, trainers, curriculum design, industry endorsement for certification etc.
- Partner with training providers and guide them into becoming centre so excellence and innovation by utilizing the standardization in training, evaluation and certification developed by the SSC of the sector.
- Integration of technology in training, development of a sector skill development plan and maintain skill inventory.
- Promotion of resource support agency (academies of excellence), establishment of a well-structured sector specific Labour Market Information System (LMIS) to assist planning and delivery of training.
AMH SSC CoE
The AMH SSC Centre of Excellence (CoE) – India is a new concept by Apparel Made-ups and Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), Government of India. One of the major tasks of CoE is to address the challenges the apparel Industry faces to increase its efficiency in terms of product, research and manpower skilling and contribute towards a more rapid economic development of the country.
The Centers of Excellence are equipped with state of the art infrastructure to promote multi-disciplinary academic as well as research-oriented practical training. The Centers of Excellence also encourage the formation of strong research groups to help to recognize true excellence in research and having a high impact on various stakeholders
Source: AMH SSC