TANSIM / StartupTN
Tamil Nadu Government has launched the Tamil Nadu Startups and Innovation Policy 2018-2023 to foster entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystem in the state with Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute (EDII) as the nodal agency.
The Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Mission (TANSIM) has been established under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013, under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Department, Government of Tamil Nadu with a mandate to implement the Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Policy 2018-2023 and is being branded as StartupTN.
The policy aims to provide an enabling, innovative ecosystem in Tamil Nadu by nurturing and supporting startups. By implementation of the policy, it is envisaged that Tamil Nadu will emerge as the “Knowledge Capital” and “Innovation Hub” of the country. It will also attract entrepreneurs and investors across the globe.
Vision and Mission
To make Tamil Nadu a Global Innovation Hub and the most preferred destination for Startups by 2023.
To create, support and nurture a vibrant startup ecosystem in Tamil Nadu resulting in innovation and entrepreneurship driven employment and economic growth, facilitating creation of at least 5000 startups including 10 global high growth startups by 2023.
Core Policy Objectives
- Encourage, facilitate and support emergence of at least 5000 technology startups in the State.
- Extend a dedicated support to at least 10 global high growth startups developing innovative technology solution for high social impact in sectors like sanitation, food, clean energy, healthcare, education, etc.
- Establish support infrastructure and strengthen the existing mechanism in the thrust areas:
- Transportation and Logistics
- Electrical and Electronics
- Health Care and Bio-tech
- Renewable Energy
- Climate Change
- Information Technology (IT)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Network (public and private) stakeholders.
- Collaborate with educational institutions to promote entrepreneurship among the youth. Maximise industry engagement.
- Provide adequate incentives and resources to startups, facilitators, mentors and investors to promote startup culture in the state.
- Reduce the existing regulatory and tax burden on startups in the field of labour, pollution and building norms and base these on self-certification.
- Nurture budding startups defined as START STEPs to graduate into startups.
- Partner with reputed investors across India and the globe to invest in Tamil Nadu startups.
- Brand startup hubs in geographically distinct locations – Chennai, Coimbatore, Salem-Erode, Madurai, Trichy-Thanjavur, Tirunelveli, etc.
- Startup TN ID: Time-bound Startup TN ID registration to avail the benefits.
- Startup Schemes: Register online to avail all schemes that are in store for you.
- Seed Grant: Apply for seed grant to kick start your startup dream.
- Network: Connect with like-minded people who are building the future.
For more details, visit StartupTN