Aikyashree scheme of West Bengal
Aikyashree – West Bengal State Scholarships for Minority Students is a state government initiative of West Bengal implemented from the financial year 2019-20 onwards.
Types of scholarship
Three types of scholarships will be provided under this scheme
- Pre-matric Scholarship (for meritorious students from Class-I to Class-X)
- Post-matric Scholarship (for meritorious students from Class-XI to Ph. D), and
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarships (for pursuing technical & professional courses).
For Pre-matric Scholarship and Post-matric Scholarship
- Applicant must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- Must be studying in a School/ Institution recognized by an educational Board/ Council/ University of the State/ Central Government.
- Must have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs.2 lakh.
- Students studying in institutes outside West Bengal will not be eligible for pre-matric or post-matric scholarship.
For Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- The applicant must be a domicile of West Bengal.
- Must have got admission in a technical / professional course.
- Must have secured at least 50% marks in the last Higher Secondary/ Graduation examination.
- Annual family income of the student should not be more than Rs.2.5 lakh.
- The students who are residents of West Bengal but pursuing studies in listed institutions located outside West Bengal, as may be notified from time to time by the West Bengal Minorities' Development and Finance Corporation, are also eligible for applying.
Scholarships will be provided to eligible students in order of merit and subject to the budgetary allocation provided by the State Government. For renewal, the applicant will be eligible for the scholarship if he/she has obtained 50% marks in his/her previous examination.
Rate of scholarship
The proposed rates of scholarships are as follows:
Types of Scholarship
Class of Study
fee & tuituion fee
fee & tuition fee
I to V
VI to X
XI & XII
XI & XII (technical & vocational courses of this level)
Undergraduate & Post Graduate
M.Phil & PhD
Medical Engineering, Management, Law, CA etc. courses
- Admission and tuition fee are subject to actuals.
- Hostellers include students not staying in hostel of the institute concerned but are staying as paying guest or on rent.
- Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.
- Full course fee may be reimbursed for the listed institutions.
How to apply
To apply online, click here
Source : West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.