Scheme integration in Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Skill Development Mission (UPSDM) was established in 2013 with a mandate to coordinate all skill development initiatives, implement and monitor Concerned programmes.
- Leveraging on State Skill Development Policy in 2013, UPSDM roped in Private Training Partners under Public Private Partnership (PPP) Model with Government Agency to conduct short term modular skill development training programmes.
- Major schemes under the UPSDM have been integrated and a State Skill Development Fund has been set up to meet any additional fund requirements. The picture below depicts the Scheme integration under the State Skill Development Fund.
Benefits of Convergence and integration amongst various schemes and departments are as under:
- Mobilization for all Schemes on a single platform
- Better matching of aptitude and wide variety of Sectors and Courses
- Uniformity and Better Quality
- Effective monitoring through PMCA
- Widespread IEC Activities
- Optimum utilization of Skill Training infrastructure
The benefits of convergence and integration are widespread and all states can learn from the experience of these states to implement the schemes in a better way with effective and optimum utilisation of resources and improving the quality of delivery at the same time. This is promptly achievable in all states.
Source : Skilling for employability - Best Practices
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.