Financial Assistance for Skill Training of Persons with Disabilities
- The Scheme aims at providing financial assistance for skill training for persons with disabilities.
- The scheme will cover Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) with not less than 40% disability and having a disability certificate to this effect issued by a competent medical authority.
- 30% reservation for women candidates: As an endeavour to encourage women, 30% of the total intake of each training program shall be earmarked for women candidates.
- The scheme will operate through training institutions recognised by this Department as per the eligibility conditions contained in this scheme.
Eligibility of the Trainees
- A citizen of India
- A person with disability with not less than 40% disability and having a disability certificate to this effect issued by any competent medical authority.
- The disability being (a) blindness (b) low vision (c) leprosy cured (d) hearing impairment (e) loco - motor disability (f) mental retardation (h) autism (i) cerebral palsy or (j) a combination of any two or more of g), h) and i)
- Age: Not less than 15 years and not more than 59 years of age on the last date of receipt of application for the course.
- The applicant should not have undergone any other skill training course sponsored by Govt. of India during the period of two years prior to the last date of receipt of application for the course applied for.
- Training Cost : An all inclusive training cost of Rs.5,000/- per trainee per month shall be provided for the entire duration of the training. For example, if a training program of three months duration is undertaken, the training cost payable would be Rs.15,000/- per trainee. Training cost of a part of the month will be calculated proportionately.
- Stipend for trainees: The trainees will be entitled to a stipend of Rs.2000/- per month for hostellers and Rs.1000/- per month for non-hostellers.
- Cost of Transport: The trainees will be entitled to a transport allowance of Rs.500/- per month for hostellers and Rs.1500/- per month for non-hostellers.
Source: Click here
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.