Helpline and Grahak Suvidha Kendras
Objectives of State consumer Helpline
State Consumer Helpline have been established with the following objectives.
- Development of a resource centre at State level which will be networked with national resource centre
- Encourage Alternate Consumer Disputes Redressal mechanism at State level and help in resolving cases through Mediation cell
- Maximum no. of disputes resolved.
- Early resolution of complaints.
- Reach out to rural consumers.
- State level machinery gets experience
- Companies and service providers become more active in solving consumer disputes.
- Provide service in regional language in addition to English & Hindi language
Services provided by Grahak Suvidha Kendras (GSK)
The services which GSK Network can provide to consumers focus on
- Consumer -to-Business problems when buying products or availing services, either in person or via distance purchases (mainly e- commerce),
- Provides information on Consumer rights and how to assert the rights
- Build and maintain data and knowledge base on consumer issues of the state
- Advice and provide information to consumers who are having problems with a company.
- Inform consumers on alternative ways to deal with complaints if they cannot be solved amicably with the trader/ service provider, e.g. ADR or a Court
- Intervene in disputes where the consumer and trader are unable to reach a positive outcome through non advocates.
- Co -operate with other agencies and networks, such as the Consumer helplines, Mediation Centers and Consumer Fora.
- Provides valuable input for the state government and DCA on consumer policy issues. GSK will be in a unique position to know the everyday/local concerns and problems of consumers and will increasingly provide input to policy -makers at both National and State level.
- If consumer is not satisfied with the outcome or response from the trader/ service provider, the GSK may be able to help - on points of law, consumer entitlements and guidance on the next step. The service provided by the GSK is advisory - GSK may not have any enforcement powers and cannot compel traders to take any action or accept their point of view.
Contact details of State Helplines and Grahak Suvidha Kendras
National Helpline : 1800114000 OR 14404
||0612 - 2525222
||1800-233-0222, 079-27489945 / 46
||079-27489945 / 46
||155343, 0755-2559778, 0755-2559993
||1800-345-6724, 1800-345-6760, 0674-2351990, 0674-2350209
||1800-425-1082, 1800-425-1083, 1800-425-1085
||1800-345-3209 / 323
|GSK West Bengal
Online Complaint Registration
To Register online complaint Click here
Source: Department of Consumer Affairs
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.