GATIDHARA scheme for self-employment
Gatidhara is a scheme of the Government of West Bengal administered by Transport Department for employment of registered unemployed youth of the State in transport sector.
The scheme was launched in August 2014.
- Beneficiaries get financial support of upto 30 % of vehicle cost or upto Rs. 1,00,000 as subsidy
- Women get a subsidy of Rs 1.5 lakh.
- Beneficiaries are given preference in getting permits.
- Unemployed youth between 20 and 45 yrs (upto 48 yrs for OBC and 50 yrs for ST/SC)
- Registered in employment bank; To register, click here.
- Monthly family income less than Rs 25,000
- Only one member from a family is eligible for the scheme
How to apply
Vehicle-dealers are authorized facilitator for Gatidhara Scheme. Applicant should get his application with all requisite documents processed by the dealer of his choice. Select a financier for loan required for purchasing the vehicle. Vehicle is to be registered within one month of receipt of offer letter for permit and subsidy under the scheme.
- Application Form for Subsidy under the Scheme (2 sets)
- Family Income Certificate (Xerox Copy - 2 sets)
- Self-declaration (Xerox Copy - 2 sets)
- Application Form for permit (Goods carriage, Stage Carriage, Contract Carriage) - (1 set)
- Proof of enrollment in Employment Bank (Xerox Copy - 2 sets)
- Photocopy of proof of age (Xerox Copy - 2 sets)
- Photocopy of proof of address. (Xerox Copy -'2 sets)
- Identity proof (Xerox Copy - 2 sets)
- Photocopy of proof of Bank A/C (Xerox Copy- 2 sets)
- Colour passport size photograph (6 copies)
- Quotation for vehicle issued by Gatidhara Facilitator
For more information / assistance contact Gatidhara Cell - 033-2262-5837
Source : West Bengal Transport Department
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.