"Ladli Laxmi Yojana" is an initiative of the Madhya Pradesh state government for improving the health and educational status of the girls in the State. It seeks to prevent female foeticide and to bring the positive attitude among people towards girl child birth and with the aim to preventing child marriages. The plan is for the girls, born after 1st January 2006.
- Whose parents are resident of Madhya Pradesh and they are not Income Tax payer.
- In the case of second child, the family planning is to be adopted by the parents before submitting the application.
- First girl child of first delivery who was born before 01/04/2008, but after the second delivery it will be necessary to adopt the family planning.
- The beneficiary attends the Anganwadi Center regularly.
- If there is maximum two children in the family and their parents are not alive, then the condition of family planning would not be applicable, but the death certificate of father and mother is required.
- If the first child is boy or girl in the family and twin girls are born in second delivery, then all the benefits of this plan will be given to both girl children.
- If an orphan girl is adopted by the family, then benefits of this plan will be given to her by considering her as the first girl child of the family.
- In case of death of parents, the application can be submitted even up to five years of age of the girl child.
- When three girl children are born together at the time of first delivery, then benefits of Ladli Laxmi Yojana will be given to all three girl children.
- Such guardians who had not submitted the application within the first year of birth of girl child, are to appeal to the collector of the concerned district within the period of coming 1 year i.e. within the 2 years of the birth of the girl child. Collector will have absolute powers to accept or reject the case.
How and where to apply
- To avail the benefits of this scheme, people will have to apply at the Anganwadi Center of their village / locality within 1 year of birth of the girl child. For such girl child who is the first child of their parents, and born before 31st March 2008, it is necessary, to get the birth registered first and then apply within 1 year of birth of second child.
- All the prescribed documents must be attached with the application.
- In the case of orphan girl, the superintendent of the concerned orphanage / protection home will have to apply to the concerned Project officer, before completion of 6 years of age and within the 1 year of admission of girl in the orphanage.
Benefit to the girl child
Source : Women and Child Development Department, Madhya Pradesh
- After the approval of the beneficiary, National Saving Certificates of Rs. 6000/- will be purchased continuously up to 5 years in the name of the beneficiary.
- Rs. 2000/- will be given on the admission of the beneficiary in 6 th class, Rs.4000/- on the admission in 9th class and remaining amount will be paid as lump sum on completion of 21 years of age and on appearing in the examination of 12th class, ensuring the condition that the girl has been married only after 18 years of age.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.