MAMTA scheme for girl child in Goa
The Financial Incentives to mothers who deliver a Girl Child (MAMTA) is a scheme of the Government of Goa.
Objective of the Scheme
The scheme is aimed at improving the female Child Sex ratio in the State.
Eligibility and other Conditions
- All mothers who deliver a live girl Child (maximum 02 deliveries) in a registered medical Institution.
- The Scheme is available to all irrespective of their social / economical status.
- The mother should be a resident of Goa for at least three years or married to a resident of Goa (document to that effect to be submitted).
- The eligible mother who delivers a girl child shall apply to the Child Development Project Officer through the local Anganwadi Centre along with a copy of the Birth report/Birth Certificate in the prescribed form within 45 days of the delivery of the girl Child. The benefits are directly credited to the declared Bank Account.
Under the Scheme, an amount of Rs. 25,000/- (Rupees Twenty Five Thousand Only) shall be paid to the mothers who deliver a girl child with disbursal linked to 5 stages of Rs. 5,000/- each as follows provided relevant documents are enclosed:
Source : Directorate of Women and Child Development, Goa
- 1st installment of Rs. 5000/- will be released after mother delivers a girl child (apply within 45days).
- Second installment of Rs. 5000/- will be released after completion of basic immunization i.e. BCG, Polio, DPT, Hepitites B1, B2, B3, Vit A, DPT Booster, Polio Booster on producing the documents (apply within 45 days).
- Third installment of Rs. 5000/- will be released after completion of Secondary Education (S.S.C.E.) on producing the document (apply within 45 days).
- Fourth installment of Rs. 5000/- will be released after completion of Higher Secondary Education (H.S.S.C.E.) on producing the document (apply within 45days).
- Fifth installment of Rs. 5000/- will be released after completion of Degree Education on producing the document (apply within 45 days).
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.