Apply for Birth certificate
- Every birth shall be registered within 21 days with the Town Panchayat. Any person who wants to register a birth shall inform the Town Panchayat office in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or Medical Institution, who conducted delivery in the case of birth.
- Beyond the prescribed time limit, if a registration is done, it is accepted with a payment of penalty upto a period of one year. If a registration is to be done beyond a period of one year, it will be registered only on receipt of Judical order from a Magistrate and with penalty.
- On registration one copy of an extract of Birth Register will be given to the party, free of cost.
- If a certificate of Birth is required at a later date from the Town Panchayat, an application in the prescribed format furnishing the information required in the format like name of the child, father's name, mother's name, date and place of birth, etc., in the case of birth certificate.
- When the birth has taken place in the house, the head of the family or the nearest relative of the family will have to register in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or medical institution that conducted the delivery.
- Births taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority.
For offline birth registration form, click here.
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC)
You can also approach the e-service centers or the CSC centers for birth registration. You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or teshil office in your area.
For online application, click here.
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of place of birth(where the child has born) from medical institution.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.