Sikkim Edutech App
- This mobile application connects all the schools of Sikkim under the State Education Department.
- Head of the Institutions can login and configure the school details like the classes they have and the subjects they have in different classes.
- This provides a platform for teachers to plan their classes online like they can provide their audio lectures and PowerPoint presentations. After completion of the lesson they can also push assignments online. Similarly, students can watch the lessons pushed by the teachers and submit their scanned copy/photo of the assignments and submit it to the teachers online. The teachers will correct it and give the feedback.
- Till date 15th June 2020, 3420 teachers are active in this app and have uploaded 3672 sessions for various classes. Total numbers of 5814 students are also active in the app.
- Even parents can also login and get the details of their wards.
- The entire process can be monitored by the Education Department.
All India Radio Live
AIR Gangtok and FM Kanchenjunga 103 MHz in collaboration with Dept of Education, Govt of Sikkim started a Live Phone in Educational Broadcast Programme entitled “STAY HOME, STUDY AT HOME”, for the Students of Sikkim. The programme began from 16.04.2020 and will be aired between 01.00 p.m to 2.00 p.m daily. The teachers will give lessons on scheduled topics for 40 mins after which the phone lines will be open for the students to put forth their doubts and questions. The program covers arts subjects and language for classes 5 to 8. Till 15th June 2020, 52 sessions have been telecasted.
Video lessons for Science and Maths classes for students of class 5 to 8. The video lessons are prepared in the studio daily and are broadcasted everyday from 6 pm to 7 pm with proper editing. Altogether 54 sessions have been covered
The link for the school radio is being circulated to listen to all the content which has been broadcasted at any time according to the convenience of students. Till now 41 sessions have been conducted.
There are three Facebook (Sikkim Chronicle, Summit Times and Sikkim Varta) channels have been created to take live video lessons. The teachers who are confident enough go for live video lessons. Till now 52 sessions have been conducted.
Link: Facebook Sikkim Varta Maths Topic
- For students who have not covered through the above, offline content is being sent to districts which will be further sent to BACs.
- Some school teachers even tutor the students at home maintaining social distance in a group of 4.
- Zoom meeting with officers and Principals on 1.5.2020.
- For classes, 1 to 3 due to introduction of new books, orientation of primary teachers in teaching the new books is done through Live Radio session thrice in a week. Till now 15 Sessions has been conducted.
10. Online competitions are announced for teachers and students on COVID - 19
Also, any college or senior students are appealed to guide junior students near their home.
Source : Remote Learning Initiatives Across India