Post Doctoral Fellowship to Women Candidates
- The objective of this award is to provide an opportunity to carry out the advanced studies and research in science, engineering and technology, humanities and social sciences in Indian Universities and Colleges recognized under Section 2 (f) and fit to receive assistance under section 12(B)of the UGC Act 1956/Institutes of National Importance established by the Central/State Government.
- The candidate should not be more than 55 years of age as on 1st July of the year of application. The total duration of the fellowship is five years. There shall be reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped candidates as per provision of the constitution and instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. 55% marks at UG level and 60% of marks at PG level in case of general/open category, while for reserved category candidates, those will be 50% at UG level and 55% at PG level respectively. Age up to 55 years for the candidates belonging to general/open category and that will be 60 years for reserved category/minority community. Only Ph.D awarded unemployed candidates will be eligible for the award of Post-Doctoral Fellowship.
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in the relevant subject preferably with published research work to their credit.
- In case of general/open category, 55% marks at UG level and 60% of marks at PG level.
- For reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PH) candidates, 50% at UG level and 55% at PG level.
- The upper age limit for applicants is 55 years for the candidates belonging to general/open category and 60 years for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Minority communities, as on 1st July on the year of application.
Amount of Fellowship
Nature of Assistance
The number of slots available under the scheme is 100 per year the tenure of the award is five years with no provision for further extension.
The Financial assistance
@ Rs. 20,000/- p.m After 2 years
@Rs.38,800/--p.m. for fresh candidates.
@Rs.46,500/--p.m. for research experienced holders.
||@Rs.50,000/-p.a. for five years
||10% of Post Doctoral Fellowship to the host institution
||@Rs. 2000/- p.m. (fixed) in cases of physically disabled & blind candidates
HRA : Post Doctoral Fellowship provided with accommodation in hostel recognized/ maintained by the institutions may be reimbursed the hostel fee, excluding mess, electricity, water charges, etc. A certificate to this effect is to be furnished through the Registrar/Director/Principal (Annexure-II). If Post Doctoral Fellow makes her own arrangements of accommodation, she may be entitled to draw HRA as per categorization of the cities by the Government of India. The Post Doctoral Fellow will submit a certificate for this purpose to the UGC for claiming HRA through the concerned University/Institution/College.
Source: University Grants Commission
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.