Dos and Don't for Truck/Lorry Drivers
Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Ministry has released an illustrative animation video which provides for broad Dos and Do'nts for truck/lorry drivers as they are handling trips to transport essential goods across the country. </p.
The animation calls upon people to respect and cooperate with truck/lorry drivers who are working to ease our life by transporting essential goods and medicines in the scenario when Government had to extend lockdown to curb COVID-19 and save lives.
Staying Protected from Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- Respect and cooperate with truck/lorry drivers who maintain the supply chain of essential goods and medicines during lockdown
- Protect yourself and others and follow the rules for your own safety
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds whenever possible
- Wear a mask while driving/exiting the vehicle
- After using the mask, wash it with soap and water and dry it
- Always keep a sanitizer in your vehicle
- Use 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer while driving/exiting the vehicle
- Do not travel with extra passengers other than a helper and a driver as per the rules
- Carry your valid driving license and other necessary vehicle related documents
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid coming in close contact with people at check posts/loading-unloading points/restaurants, etc.
- Sanitize your vehicle every day
- Do not use torn/old and/or masks used by others
- Do not allow more than one assistant to travel with you in your vehicle
- Do not have social gatherings
- Do not ignore your hygiene
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.