National & State level Scholarships and Awards for students
The topic provides information on various National & State level Scholarships and Awards for students by the Government of India through its Ministries, Departments and autonomous institutions and by the state governments.
This is an attempt to fill in information gap and provide the information on various National & State level Scholarships and Awards for students by the Government of India through its Ministries, Departments and autonomous institutions and by the state governments. This information will be useful for the students who are pursuing their school level (class 1 to 12th) education. This attempt is to bring in all relevant publicly available information related to scholarships and awards and make it available at a single point.
Along side providing free schooling, the Government of India and State governments have launched many schemes, scholarships and programmes to raise the levels of participation of the marginalised in school education. Aimed to decreasing drop-out rate, reducing gender gap, motivating students for pursuing higher education and promoting equity.
The scholarships covered in this compilation are given for studies in classes ranging from 1 till 12th, some of them continuing onwards, covering professional courses and (some) up till Ph. D level. This is helpful in pursuing higher education studies. Say for instance, the NTS which is given from class 9 onwards and subject to the student satisfying eligibility conditions, can continue till Ph.D. In a nutshell, the breakup is as follows.
- Pre-matric scholarships - which provide scholarships for study in classes 1 to 10th.
- Post-matric scholarships - which provide scholarships for studies from class 11 onwards and (some) continuing till Ph.D.
- Secondary and onward grades - class 9 onwards till Ph.D (NTS, for instance).
- Only for senior secondary grades - classes 11 and 12th, such as Maulana Azad Scholarship for meritorious girl students from minority communities.
- Senior secondary classes - from class 11 onwards and continuing upwards, such as Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana.
- Secondary and senior secondary grades - classes 9 to 12th only, such as Chacha Nehru Scholarship.
For more information on National & State level Scholarships and Awards for students Click here
Source: Portal Content team