In every state of India, it is mandatory to register the birth and death of a person with the concerned authorities. A death certificate is a record of an individual issued by the State Government declaring a person’s demise officially. In Mizoram, Department of Economics and Statistics under the government of Mizoram issues the death certificate.
In Application of Death Certificates, there are two categories
- Death Certificate - registration of deaths that happened less than a year ago.
- Late Registration of Death
Why Death Certificate is necessary
Death Certificate is required for the following purposes:
- It is required to register death, to prove the date, time, place & cause of death.
- It is required to establish the fact of death, for getting relieved from any kind of legal complicacies faced by his/her relatives after the death of an
- It is essential to enable the family members for settlement of property inheritance, getting legal heir etc.
- It helps the family members to avail all financial securities and other benefits like pension
To apply for a Death certificate in Mizoram, follow the documents specified below:
- Certificate of Doctor / Draftsman from cremation Ghats
- Certificate issued by ward members or doctors
- Date of death
- Proof of address
- Place of death
- Post-mortem report if death caused by accident
- Death report from the concerned authority if death occurs in any hospital, Jail or police station.
How to apply
To obtain a death certificate in Mizoram, follow the procedure given below:
- The applicant should fill out the application form and must submit the prescribed documents to their concerned District/Town Registrar.
- Fill in the application form with all the mandatory details.
- Then submit the application form along with the prescribed documents to the concerned authority.
- Now pay the prescribed fee in the office. After submitting the application form, collect the acknowledgement receipt check the status of the application form.
- Once the application is successfully processed, the certificate can be obtained from the concerned office where the application was submitted.
To apply online, visit: edistrict.mizoram.gov.in
Whom to Contact
Economics and Statistics Office
Vaubekawl, Vengthar, Mamit
Location: Vengthar | City: Mamit | PIN Code: 796441
Phone : 03892565088 | Mobile : 9436144162 | Email : malsawmamamit[at]gmail[dot]com