ICT Initiatives – High Court of Andhra Pradesh
Best Practices in the High Court of Andhra Pradesh
|Nature of the process
||Present procedure followed
||Identified best practices for consideration
|Filing of Cases in the Counter, Scrutiny, Caveat, Registration, Allocation and Posting
- Presentation in the counter and generation of SR numbers.
- Allotment of Case files to the scrutiny officer under round robin method through computer.
- Scrutiny of cases as per the check-list prescribed in the Standing Orders.
- Objections compliance by returning the files.
- Caveat checking.
- Detailed data entry.
- Motion seat – allocation of the cases as per the roster.
- Posting Section and Circulating the files to Hon’ble Judges.
- In the ordinary course cases filed will be listed 3 days from the date of filing.
- In case of lunch motions, the case will be listed on the same day.
- Display of allotments to the Scrutiny Officers on the Display Board is suggested.
- Office objections as per check-list to be sent through SMS.
- Learned Advocates and party-in-person may be requested to file digital copies of the case file at the time of filing as per the portfolios with index sheet as displayed in the official website of the High Court.
- If digital copies of the case files are furnished, it will be useful for preparing epaper book to be supplied to the Hon’ble Judges duly indexed with portfolios.
- If the digital copies of the cases are filed, it will be helpful if the High Court take up e-Filing Procedure of cases.
- Check-lists of each category of cases can be placed in the Official Website of the High Court for the convenience of the learned advocates and parties-in-person which will be in turn useful for easy scrutiny.
|Notice to the Respondents
- Messages may be sent through SMS and e-mail to the Respondents about the registration of the case if the Government is a party.
- The database with regard to relevant portion may be shared to the Government Departments so that they can develop a mobile app for tracking of the cases and receiving the notices.
|Daily proceedings of the cases/daily orders
- Case proceedings have to be entered in the HC CIS 1.0.
- Sufficient number of data entry operators have to be provided in the court halls.
- Daily orders and interim orders can be uploaded on daily basis.
||e-Filing has to be implemented in a phased manner since the module is already developed by the Hon’ble eCommittee and some of the High Courts have already started e-Filing procedures for certain category of cases.
Source : e-Committee, Supreme Court of India
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.