Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Urban Livelihoods Mission NULM)
The Employment through Skills Training & Placement (EST&P) Component under NULM is designed to provide skills to the unskilled urban poor as well as to upgrade their existing skills. The program provides for skill training of the urban poor to enable them setting up self-employment ventures and for salaried jobs in the private sector.
Nature of Assistance
- As part of the scheme, training and boarding and lodging costs and assessment and certification fee of the candidates is borne by the government
- For candidates (including PwDs) from Special Areas, undergoing training outside district of such Special Areas, to and fro transport cost as per actuals, subject to a maximum of Rs. 5000/- per trainee.
- Support for uniforms is permissible up to Rs. 1000/- per candidate in case of a training course having duration of 6 months or less, and Rs. 2000/- per candidate in case of a training course having duration of more than 6 months.
- Post placement support of Rs 1500/ month for 1-3 months as per scheme norms paid on newly skilled persons
- Conveyance allowance - Upon successful completion and certification of non-residential skill training programmes, all women candidates and PWD will be provided an allowance of Rs 1000 - Rs 1500 per month for expenses incurred in travelling to and from the Training Centre.
Who can apply?
- The candidates selected for training under EST&P component of NULM should be from the urban poor households only.
- S/he should not have undergone skill development training under the SJSRY / NULM in any other trade during the last 3 years. The candidate can however be provided advanced training on the skills acquired in any previous training.
- Out of the total beneficiaries for the State/UT under EST&P, minimum 30% should be women, 15 % for minorities and minimum 3% of the candidates should be differently-abled. SCs and STs must be benefited at least to the extent of the proportion of their strength in the city/town population of poor.
How to apply?
The beneficiaries are to fill a prescribed application form. Online application can filled at http://nulm.gov.in/ESTP/ESTP_Application_AddNew_SSC.aspx. On the basis of documents their selection will be done for a suitable training program.
To know more details, Click here
Source: Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Urban Livelihoods Mission, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.