West Bengal Chief Minister Financial Assistance
This topic provides information about West Bengal Chief Minister Scholarship.
The Chief Minister of West Bengal provides scholarships every year to the students, who passed the Madhyamik Examination or Higher Secondary exam or any University examination from a poor family.
This scholarship also is known as 'Nabanna Scholarship' for south Bengal region and 'Uttar Kanya Scholarship' for North Bengal region. It is provided from the West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund. Eligible students can apply for CM Relief Fund scholarship. This scholarship provides an amount Rs 10,000/- per year on your current course.
- Students must be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Candidates who are studying in any institutions of the State after passing out the State Board /Council of Secondary Education or a State aided University in West Bengal.
- Candidates must have passed the last examination from any recognized board, council or university of West Bengal and must currently be studying in West Bengal.
- Students must have scored 65% marks in Madhyamik exam or 60% marks in Higher Secondary or 55% in Undergraduate course. the above mentioned marks should have been obtained through enrollment in regular basis course only.
- The annual family income of the applicant's family should not exceed Rs. 60,000/-.
- Students who are enjoying any other State government or Central Government Scholarship/stipend/financial Assistance are not eligible for this Scholarship.
Application Procedure for West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund Scholarship is offline. There is no particular last date or opening date for submission of Application. However it is preferred that a candidate submit his / her application on or before 31 December of a given Academic year.
Following are the required documents for financial assistance from Chief Minister’s Relief Fund for financial assistance.
- Copies of Mark Sheets of all previous examinations passed.
- Copies of Rank Card & Allotment letter of Selection Committee (only for JEE or Equivalent Examination)
- Copy of Monthly Family Income Certificate from any one mentioned within the bracket – (DM/ SDO/ BDO / Group-A Govt. Officer not below the rank of Joint B.D.O./ Executive Officer in case of Municipality / Deputy Commissioner of Corporation).
- Copy of Recommendation from MP/MLA to the Hon'ble Chief Minister stating monthly family income of the student.
- Self declaration of the student under his/her signature regarding present course of study mentioning year/semester and receipt of any scholarship / aid/assistance, duly countersigned by the head of the Present institution with seal .
- Self Bank Account details (IFSC Code, Branch Code, Branch Name, Account Number, Bank Name) with photocopy of Bank Pass Book.
- Photo Copy of tution/admission fees book.
- Contact Details with self Mobile No.
Photo copies of all the documents are required to be attested by Group-A Govt. Officer.
The application with the above documents can be submitted to the following address
Department of CMRF Scholarship,
Chief Minister’s Office : 'NABANNA'
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road
Howrah - 711 102
Department of CMRF Scholarship,
Office of the Chief Minister's Mini Secretariat
'UTTARKANYA', New Satellite Township,
Fulbari , Near NJP Station , Jalpaiguri
On verification of documents, eligible students are provided an electronically generated Acknowledgement receipt. Selected candidates are credited with the scholarship amount directly to their bank accounts.
To enquire about the application / scholarship status users may contact Telephone : 0353-2568211 or write to the email : email@example.com. The details to be included are Full name, Address, Contact no , and CMRF Application no with application date.