The objective of the scheme is to raise the status of the girl child in the family and in the society and to change the mindsets of the people for proper rearing of the girl children and providing them the right to birth and the right to survival.
Financial Assistance under the Scheme
- The scheme provides a one-time grant of Rs 21,000 to all Scheduled Castes and Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in Haryana, whose first girl child was born on or after January 22, 2015.
- A one-time grant of Rs. 21,000/- is provided to the parents on the birth of their second daughter born on or after 22 January 2015, irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, income and number of sons. This money will be invested in LIfe Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) in the name of the girl child and would be given to her when she attains 18 years of age.
- All families whose second girl child was born on or before January 21, 2015, receive Rs5,000 every year for five years, irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, income and number of sons.
- In case of birth of twins or multiple girls on or before January 21, 2015, the families are given Rs 2,500 per girl child every year for five years, irrespective of their caste, creed, religion, income and number of sons.
- In case of twin daughters, the incentive will start with immediate effect. The first instalment will be released within one month of the birth of 2nd girl child. Successive instalments will be released on the birthday of second daughter every year. In case of death of either of the girls, the incentive will stop with immediate effect. However, the same can be restored from the date it was discontinued on birth of another girl child. The accumulated amount will be released after the 2nd girl child attains the age of 18 years.
- Parents should be domicile of Haryana. At least one of the parents along with the girl children should be residing in Haryana.
- Pregnant women should be registered at the nearest anganwadi centre.
- The birth of the girl children should be registered. The parents should ensure proper immunization of the girl children and immunization record (as per age of the girl children) may be produced at the time of receiving each payment.
- Girls should be enrolled in school/Anganwadi centre as per their age.
Area of Operation of the Scheme
The Scheme is implemented in both rural and urban areas in the whole State of Haryana.
Application for getting the benefit
To obtain benefit under the scheme, the mother/father/guardian will have to apply on the prescribed proforma. The application form will be available in Anganwadi Centres or in the offices of Child Development Project Officers in rural and urban areas free of cost and in urban areas where ICDS scheme does not exist, the application forms will be available in the offices of Civil Surgeons.
The filled in application is to be submitted with the Anganwadi Workers and Health staff of the concerned areas. The applicant will have to submit a certified copy of the birth certificate of the 2nd girl child issued by the competent authority with the application.
Source : Women and Child Development Department, Haryana
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.