Scholarships for College and University Students
To provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination. 82000 fresh scholarships per annum (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) are awarded for pursuing graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
- The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs. 20000/- per annum at PostGraduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5) years/Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year. However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarship up to graduation level.
- Students who are above 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent
- Pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in Colleges/Institutions recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education, UGC Act, 1956, Medical Council of India, Dental Council of India and respective regulatory authorities.
- Not availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State run scholarship schemes/Fee waiver and reimbursement scheme are eligible under the scheme.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
- The parental/family income ceiling is Rs. 8 lakh per annum for all categories under the scheme.
How to apply
Application is through the National Scholarship Portal.
Whom to contact
Department of Higher Education.
For more information, click here.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.