YSR Aarogya Aasara scheme provides post-therapeutic sustenance allowance to the poor patients during their recovery period. After the poor patients get their treatment with the help of YSR Arogya Sri, the state government offers them a maximum of Rs 225 per day or a maximum of Rs 5,000 per month for the prescribed relaxation time under the Aaogya Aasara scheme. This wage-loss allowance is applicable to 836 kinds of surgeries in 26 specialised areas.
Benefits to the citizens
Under this scheme, the poor patients will receive a financial assistance from the government, after they are discharged from the hospitals. They money will help the patient to meet the economic needs of the family, and post-treatment medications.
- In the implementation of this scheme, the patient will be able to get a maximum of Rs 225 per day or a maximum of Rs 5,000 per month for the prescribed relaxation time.
- The amount of assistance will be disbursed directly to the bank account of the beneficiary.
- Only permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh are eligible for this scheme.
- This scheme has been introduced only for reserved category belonging to ST, OBC, SC and minority groups.
- Under the Arogya Asara scheme, the beneficiary is required to take admission in the hospital selected by the State Health Department.
- Only poor laborers belonging to BPL family are eligible for this scheme.
How to apply
Documents needed for application:
- Aadhar Card
- Residence certificate
- Treatment documents
- Discharge documents
- Copy of caste certificate
- Income certificate copy
- Bank account details
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Empanelled hospitals by the Govt. of A.P will implement this scheme. Citizens can also call 104 to know more about the scheme.
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.