The main object of the scheme is to provide relief to the families of unorganized workers in case of death or disability of the unorganised worker leaving the families in great distress.
Benefits to the citizens
The registered unorganised workers will be enrolled as members under State Accident Death and Disability Scheme and under Aam Admi Bima Yojana (AABY) and will also be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY). They shall receive the following benefits:
- Rs.2 lakh for 18-50 years and Rs.30,000/- for 51-60 years towards natural death, Rs.5 lakh for accident death and total disability and Rs.2.50 lakh for partial disability for 18-70 years.
- Scholarship Rs.1,200/- for children (up to two children) studying 9th, 10th, Inter and ITI.
- Total online claim settlement process. Rs.5,000/- paid within (2) days towards funeral expenses and total balance amount paid on 11th day or 13th day death ceremony.
- All unorganized workers in the State in the age group of 18 to 70 years, drawing monthly wage of less than Rs.15,000/- per month who enrolled through Praja Sadhikaara Survey are eligible under the Scheme.
- All unorganised workers will be registered under the Unorganised Workers Social Security Act, 2008 and enrolled as beneficiaries under YSR Bima Scheme.
How to apply
The unorganised worker shall make an application to the Commissioner of Labour and furnish an undertaking stating that he or she is an unorganised worker.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
For more information about the scheme, click here
Last Modified : 8/5/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.