Assam govt. has waived admission fees for students taking admission up to Post Graduate (PG) level whose parental income is less than Rs. 2 lakh p.a.
Benefits to the citizens
The Fee Waiver Scheme in Assam has benefited around 1.38 lakh students in FY 2016-17. The central government has reimbursed nearly Rs. 44 crore to the colleges to make up for monetary loss on account of the fee waiver scheme.
- •Students whose parental annual income is less than Rs. 2.00 Lakh from all sources will be eligible to avail this scheme.
- If either of the parent (mother or father) of the student is working in the State Govt. / Central Govt. / Semi Govt. State or Central Govt. Undertakings, such students shall not be eligible under this scheme.
- Scheme is only for regular students having minimum 75% of attendance in classes with no back paper in previous examination.
How to apply
At the time of admission to the colleges. Students will need:
- An Income Certificate from the Local Revenue Circle Officer only.
- A declaration from the students that neither of the parent (father or mother) of the student is an employee of State / Central Govt. Department or its undertaking.
Whom to contact (implementation agency at the state/district level)
Last Modified : 8/5/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.