Under Gyan Deepika Yojana, the state govt. will provide admission fee waiver upto degree level, free uniforms, battery operated E-Bikes to girls and subsidy on education loans.
Benefits to the citizens
Assam govt. will give subsidy of Rs. 700 per month per student to be paid for 10 months in an year, irrespective of their economic status, on the mess bills, for those students staying in hostels of govt. or provincialized colleges and universities.
- Residents of Assam – All aspects of this project will be monitored by the Assam government. Thus, students who are legal residents of the state and have supporting residential documents to prove it will be able to attain these benefits.
- Must be students – The scheme is only for school students and those who are preparing to get into the college for graduation courses.
- Income criterion – Students who desire to get the benefits of college admission fee discount will have to submit the income certificate of their parents. They will only attain this perk if the annual income of their family does not cross the Rs. 1 lakh mark.
- School details – All students, who are in school, will have to submit their documents, issued by the school authority.
- Education loan papers – To get the subsidy, under the academic loan category, applicants will have to submit copies of the credit issuance documents.
- College details – If applicants desire to get the discount on the college admission fee, then they will have to furnish the admission and fee related documents with the application form.
- Hostel admission – To get the subsidy on the hostel fee, students will have to submit their hostel registration documents.
How to apply
The state authority will soon release the application related details.
Last Modified : 8/5/2021
© C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.