Under this scheme, the Government grants one-time financial assistance of INR 10000 to the married women of poor families.
Benefits to the citizens
This scheme aims to finance for the economic empowerment of women belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) families those who are living below the poverty line.
The following are the eligibility criteria for claiming incentive under the Na-Bowari Scheme:
- The girl must be a resident of Assam state can apply for this scheme.
- Beneficiary age to be atleast 20 years old.
- Any women of the state can take advantage of the scheme without caste/ religion discrimination.
- A girl must belong to the EWS (Economically Weaker Section).
- Only 2 girls from a family are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- A couple who have already received an incentive from the state or UT government is not eligible again.
- Family income of the applicant must not be more than Rs. 1.5 lacks per annum
- No minimum educational qualification is required.
- In the case of the subsequent or second marriage, no incentive is available.
- Girl’s parents should not be working as a Government Employee.
How to apply
To avail the benefits of this Na-Bowari Scheme, the assistance amount can be received only after applying for a month before the marriage of the girl or 6 months after the marriage. The applicant can apply for Na-Bowari Scheme through the following steps:
Approach the Social Welfare Office
- The applicants must visit the Social Welfare Department and have to contact the District office to register under this scheme.
- The application form of Na-Bowari Scheme can be obtained from the Department of Social and Women’s Welfare, the Government of Assam or Municipality Office or the Grampanchayat.
- The application has to be filled out the application form with every requested information in the form
- Once all the details are entered and after attaching the required documents, the form has to be submitted to the relevant official.
- The application form will be verified by the receiving officer and will return a duly signed and stamped acknowledgement slip to the applicant.
- After verifying the eligibility of the application, the sanctioned amount will be transferred to the bank account of the applicant, subject to the terms and conditions of the scheme. The fund transfer will be executed at least five days before the date of the proposed marriage.
Whom to contact
The women applicants must provide the following documents along with the Application Form to apply for the Na-Bowari Scheme.
- Application Form in the prescribed format
- Identity Proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, etc.
- Address Proof: Aadhar Card, Legal Passport, Utility bill, Property tax bill, etc.
- Marriage certificate – In case of applying after solemnization
- The application should be within one year of marriage.
- Bank Account documents
- Recent passport size photographs
- Income Certificate issued by the Tahasildhar
- Residence certificate
- Joint photograph of the married couples.
- Financial background of applicants (EWS Certificate)
© 2006–2019 C–DAC.All content appearing on the vikaspedia portal is through collaborative effort of vikaspedia and its partners.We encourage you to use and share the content in a respectful and fair manner. Please leave all source links intact and adhere to applicable copyright and intellectual property guidelines and laws.